Hi folks, after one month heavy hacking during the evenings/weekends on archboot. 0.8 Beta2 Isos are available for i686 and x86_64.
This time only isolinux is used to avoid non booting cd media.
- switched to kernel 184.108.40.206
- to boot the ISO 96 MB RAM are recommended, it breaks somewhere between 80 - 90 MB RAM. (calculated like this: kernel image + initrd size + decompressed initrd)
- fixed many other small things i cannot remember ;)
The 0.8 Isos now run like any installed arch system, here are the highlights:
- pacman is included to allow installation of any other needed package in install environment.
- complete /etc/rc.d/ and /etc/rc.conf support
- complete arch network support, including ssh, telnet and portmap services
- custom config files support: any media with /config directory and files will be copied to /etc/ install environment
- loading packages as addons during boot: any media with /packages directory including pacman packages will be installed during bootup.
- links and naim included to be able to communicate over the internet.
- complete kexec support
- updated doku to 0.8
ISOs are on the way to the mirrors so please be patient until they are synced.
everything mentioned here should be fixed: Showstoppers
Forum feedback thread is here: Forum
please test those Isos well and try to break them, we are stepping forward to rc candidates soon :)
Again to clarify Beta2 doesn't mean Arch 0.8 is in beta2 stage, the install environment is meant with beta2.
Have fun and thanks for testing.