Pacman 2.6 has been released. Version 2.6 has a number of changes and improvements, including some new tags for virtual provisions and combined/replaced packages.
We'll begin using some of these new features in a week or so, which should give everyone time to upgrade to 2.6.
Big changes are below:
- Added group handling, so one can run 'pacman -S kde' and install all files from the KDE group
- Fixed a duplication bug in cascade package removal
- Added support for virtual provisions with "provides" tags
- When conflicts are encountered, pacman now offers the chance to remove the conflicting packages (provides or literals)
- Added support for renamed/combined packages with a "replaces" tag
- Added --nostrip option to makepkg
- Improved --search to list all packages from all repos when a search term is omitted
- Added logging support through syslog()
- Added fakeroot support to makepkg (RomanK)
- Added MD5sum generation/validation to makepkg (RomanK)
- Fixed a progress bar bug (Aurelien Foret)
- Sorted makepkg's .FILELISTs (Aurelien Foret)
- Targets are now re-ordered w.r.t. dependencies when using -A/-U
- Modified --search to work when called as -Sys
- Modified abs to use ABS_ROOT from /etc/abs/abs.conf (Aurelien)
Enjoy, and report problems to me or the bugtracker!