The October release of the Arch Linux install medium is available for Download and can be used for new installs or as a rescue system. It contains a set of updated packages and the following notable changes:
- systemd is used to boot up the live system.
- initscripts are no longer available on the live system but are still installed by default on the target system. This is likely to change in the near future.
- EFI boot and setup has been simplified.
- gummiboot is used to display a menu on EFI systems.
- The following new packages are available on the live system: ethtool, fsarchiver, gummiboot-efi, mc, partclone, partimage, refind-efi, rfkill, sudo, testdisk, wget, xl2tpd